Search or Copy Paste Any of the Following Terms Together In Google Search
M.Com assistant professor requirement MBA Qualified September 2015 UGC FAQ F.17-6/2013
UGC Clarification on Frequently Asked Questions on Appointment of Assistant Professors
Clarifications on Frequently Asked Questions on UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic staff in Universities and Colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in Higher Education, 2010.
F.17-6/2013(PS/Misc) – September, 2015
UGC has been receiving a large number of queries from the Stakeholders viz. Universities, Colleges and individuals related to the appointment of Assistant Professors as per UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic staff in Universities and Colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in Higher Education, 2010. In view of larger public interest, following clarifications on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the above subject are issued:-
1) Are the State Governments empowered to raise the qualifying standards prescribed under the regulations ?
2) Are the State Governments empowered to incorporate additional qualifying standards over and above those prescribed under the regulations of UGC?
Clarification: UGC has prescribed the minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff through “UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic staff in Universities and Colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in Higher Education, 2010” amended from time to time. The Appointing Authority may raise the qualifying standards without deviation from the minimum qualifications prescribed by UGC, if it so desires.
3) When UGC Regulation only provides for minimum 5% at Masters Degree level in the relevant subject, does the State Govt. have powers to insist that the candidates must possess qualification in relevant subject at the under-graduate level? While assessing academic background of a candidate as per Table-2(c) of appendix-III should a bachelor degree be considered or not. If considered should that be in relevant subject or any subject or discipline?
Clarification: The “Good Academic Record” has been left to be defined by the concerned University/Appointing Authority.
4) What does relevant subject mean by provision in Para 4.4.0? When recruiting a candidate for ‘Commerce Subject; does a candidate having done MBA (Management Subject) become relevant subject for Commerce?
Clarification: The relevance of subject or inter-disciplinary nature of subject is required to be decided by the concerned University/Appointing Authority with the help of subject experts in the concerned/related field as per tits requirement. UGC Regulations, 2010 defines the same.
5) While considering good academic record when a candidate has changed discipline at different levels of UG/PG/NET/PhD; should that be considered?
Clarification: As clarified under point No. 3 & 4 above.
6) Are the State Governments empowered not to accede to the regulation under local circumstances, on the condition of bearing entire establishment cost?
Clarification: The UGC Regulations are mandatory in nature and are required to be followed in their letter and spirit without any deviation there from.
7) If a candidate has different subject at UG/Level and applies for the Assistant Professor in different subject, is he eligible for applying for the post?
Clarification: All the cases that pertain to relevance of subject/inter disciplinary nature of subject and ‘Good Academic Record’ are required to decided as clarified under Point No. 3 & 4
8) A declaration on incorporation of additional selection criteria amounts to ‘change in rules of the game’ subsequently and unacceptable in the eyes of the UGC?
Clarification: As clarified under Point No. 1 & 2 above.
9) How ‘good academic record’ at UG level is defined in the context of present UGC Regulation? Does Master Degree have any relevance with undergraduate degree or both are to be considered with no relevance with each other?
Clarification: ‘Good Academic Record’ is mandatoryily required to be considered for the appointment of Assistant Professor. However, relevance may be decided as clarified under Point No. 1 & 2 above.
10) For conferring a master degree, is it pre-requisite that a candidate must hold bachelor degree at least in that relevant Subject?
Clarification: As per UGC (Minimum Standards of Instructions for the Grant of the Master’s Degree through Formal Education) Regulations, 2003, no student shall be eligible for admission to a Master’s Degree programme in any of the facilities unless he/she has successfully completed three years of an undergraduate degree and as clarified under Point No. 4 with regard to relevance of subject.
· Copy of clarification for appointment of Assistant Professor 1221608_clarification.pdf
Special Thanks to UGC and smart managers who have taken deliberate effort to entrust this RULE..
RULES are meant to be RIGID... !!! That is why they are not called as Policies anymore !!!